Inland Empire News
Teen girl recovering from motorcycle hit-run
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- A mother demands justice after a hit-and-run accident leaves her 17-year-old daughter in a coma. The collision happened two weeks ago as the teenager rode her skateboard at 31st and North East streets in San Bernardino. The teen remains hospitalized at Loma Linda University Medical Center.
Corrina Escobedo says her 17-year-old daughter Leeah Bryan is making slow but steady progress.
"She's stable, she's moving a lot. As of today she was making more facial expressions since before, like when I was cleaning her face," said Escobedo.
Even though she speaks to her daughter every day in her hospital bed, it's been more than two weeks since the last time her daughter was able to respond.
The collision occurred on the night of March 13. San Bernardino Police say she was trying to cross the street on her skateboard on her way to her friend's house when she was struck by a speeding motorcyclist, who then took off.
Escobedo says she's sure her daughter will recover. She says her faith has kept her strong ever since the day her daughter was hit.
The driver has not come forward.
"I do extend my forgiveness toward him, but I do want him to turn himself in, so take responsibility for it," said Escobedo.
The motorcycle was described as a red or black sportsbike with a lowered front end and chrome exhaust on the right side.
Anyone with information about the case should call San Bernardino Police at (909) 384-5656.
The victim is not covered by health insurance and an account has been opened with Citibank to help with mounting hospital bills. Checks can be made out to Corrina Escobedo and mailed to the nonprofit organization that is helping the family: Good Shepherd Ministries International, PO Box 11909, San Bernardino, CA 92374.
hit and run, san bernardino county, inland empire news, rob mcmillan
- Pinkberry co-founder given 7 yrs in '11 beating 17 min ago
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor 53 min ago
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Tweet lands 20-yr-old Los Angeles man in jail
- Lancaster pellet gun vandalism: 3 arrested
- 4 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate?
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry 41 min ago
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)