Inland Empire News
Teen girl recovering from motorcycle hit-run
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- A mother demands justice after a hit-and-run accident leaves her 17-year-old daughter in a coma. The collision happened two weeks ago as the teenager rode her skateboard at 31st and North East streets in San Bernardino. The teen remains hospitalized at Loma Linda University Medical Center.
Corrina Escobedo says her 17-year-old daughter Leeah Bryan is making slow but steady progress.
"She's stable, she's moving a lot. As of today she was making more facial expressions since before, like when I was cleaning her face," said Escobedo.
Even though she speaks to her daughter every day in her hospital bed, it's been more than two weeks since the last time her daughter was able to respond.
The collision occurred on the night of March 13. San Bernardino Police say she was trying to cross the street on her skateboard on her way to her friend's house when she was struck by a speeding motorcyclist, who then took off.
Escobedo says she's sure her daughter will recover. She says her faith has kept her strong ever since the day her daughter was hit.
The driver has not come forward.
"I do extend my forgiveness toward him, but I do want him to turn himself in, so take responsibility for it," said Escobedo.
The motorcycle was described as a red or black sportsbike with a lowered front end and chrome exhaust on the right side.
Anyone with information about the case should call San Bernardino Police at (909) 384-5656.
The victim is not covered by health insurance and an account has been opened with Citibank to help with mounting hospital bills. Checks can be made out to Corrina Escobedo and mailed to the nonprofit organization that is helping the family: Good Shepherd Ministries International, PO Box 11909, San Bernardino, CA 92374.
hit and run, san bernardino county, inland empire news, rob mcmillan
- Ambulance crash: 4 injured in Signal Hill
- S.Korea ferry crew actions were 'murderous'
- Viewing held for fallen LAPD motorcycle officer 2 min ago
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- Alleged arsonist Tased by police in Hollywood
- Compton big rig crash leaves woman dead 48 min ago
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Car bursts into flames in lion habitat
- Hyun-Jin Ryu raises money for ferry victims
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
29 min ago