Inland Empire News
Woman escapes kidnapping, snaps photos of Fontana suspect
FONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Police in Fontana are searching for a man who tried to kidnap a 22-year-old woman. She was able to escape and managed to snap photos of the suspect with her cellphone.
The incident happened Wednesday in broad daylight as the woman was walking south on busy Sierra Avenue, police said. The victim said she was being followed by a man driving a blue vehicle, possibly a Mitsubishi Endeavor.
The woman tried to avoid the suspect, but he continued following her by driving through an alley and cutting her off as she walked on the sidewalk. The woman said she knew she was in trouble, so she hurried into a Carl's Jr. restaurant and stayed inside for about 20 minutes, hoping the suspect would leave.
But the suspect was waiting for her. The woman said the suspect got out and tried to pull her inside the car. She used her cellphone to take a picture of him.
"She screamed for help and began running. The man chased after her, trying to grab her," said Fontana Police Sgt. Billy Green.
The suspect was described as a Hispanic male between 35 to 40 years old, weighing about 225 pounds. Anyone with information was asked to contact the Fontana Police Department at (909) 350-TIPS.
"He's willing to do something so brazen in broad daylight on a very busy street," Green said. "We're concerned that he does indeed pose a risk to the public."
kidnap, san bernardino county, inland empire news, john gregory
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large 17 min ago
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
- Cold snap moving across Southern California
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked 57 min ago
- Oscar Isaac can relate to 'Llewyn Davis'
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate