Inland Empire News
Woman escapes kidnapping, snaps photos of Fontana suspect
FONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Police in Fontana are searching for a man who tried to kidnap a 22-year-old woman. She was able to escape and managed to snap photos of the suspect with her cellphone.
The incident happened Wednesday in broad daylight as the woman was walking south on busy Sierra Avenue, police said. The victim said she was being followed by a man driving a blue vehicle, possibly a Mitsubishi Endeavor.
The woman tried to avoid the suspect, but he continued following her by driving through an alley and cutting her off as she walked on the sidewalk. The woman said she knew she was in trouble, so she hurried into a Carl's Jr. restaurant and stayed inside for about 20 minutes, hoping the suspect would leave.
But the suspect was waiting for her. The woman said the suspect got out and tried to pull her inside the car. She used her cellphone to take a picture of him.
"She screamed for help and began running. The man chased after her, trying to grab her," said Fontana Police Sgt. Billy Green.
The suspect was described as a Hispanic male between 35 to 40 years old, weighing about 225 pounds. Anyone with information was asked to contact the Fontana Police Department at (909) 350-TIPS.
"He's willing to do something so brazen in broad daylight on a very busy street," Green said. "We're concerned that he does indeed pose a risk to the public."
kidnap, san bernardino county, inland empire news, john gregory
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa. 51 min ago
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case 47 min ago
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again 17 min ago
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors
- Intersection gets safety upgrades after death
29 min ago