Inland Empire News
Woman escapes kidnapping, snaps photos of Fontana suspect
FONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Police in Fontana are searching for a man who tried to kidnap a 22-year-old woman. She was able to escape and managed to snap photos of the suspect with her cellphone.
The incident happened Wednesday in broad daylight as the woman was walking south on busy Sierra Avenue, police said. The victim said she was being followed by a man driving a blue vehicle, possibly a Mitsubishi Endeavor.
The woman tried to avoid the suspect, but he continued following her by driving through an alley and cutting her off as she walked on the sidewalk. The woman said she knew she was in trouble, so she hurried into a Carl's Jr. restaurant and stayed inside for about 20 minutes, hoping the suspect would leave.
But the suspect was waiting for her. The woman said the suspect got out and tried to pull her inside the car. She used her cellphone to take a picture of him.
"She screamed for help and began running. The man chased after her, trying to grab her," said Fontana Police Sgt. Billy Green.
The suspect was described as a Hispanic male between 35 to 40 years old, weighing about 225 pounds. Anyone with information was asked to contact the Fontana Police Department at (909) 350-TIPS.
"He's willing to do something so brazen in broad daylight on a very busy street," Green said. "We're concerned that he does indeed pose a risk to the public."
kidnap, san bernardino county, inland empire news, john gregory
- Metro Red, Purple lines now requires TAP card 1 min ago
- West Hills murder suspect to appear in court 3 min ago
- Journalist Michael Hastings dies in LA crash
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Woman sought in Santa Ana Chase Bank robbery 22 min ago
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions
- abcnews: TWA 800 crash not accident - investigators
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder George Zimmer
- Natura recalls pet food after salmonella test
- Paris, Prince Jackson refute chef's testimony 38 min ago
- Country singer Slim Whitman dies at age 90
- OTRC: Johnny Depp talks split with Vanessa Paradis