Inland Empire News
Propane blast hospitalizes man in Coachella
COACHELLA, Calif. (KABC) -- An explosion in the back of a truck sent one man to the hospital in the Coachella Valley.
Authorities said the extreme desert heat forced two propane tanks in the man's truck bed to leak. That combined with static electricity caused a huge explosion.
The driver of the truck was hospitalized, while his three passengers escaped uninjured. More than a dozen people at a nearby McDonald's were evacuated.
Fire officials are warning people to be very careful if transporting propane on extremely hot days.
explosion, inland empire news
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnapping 12 min ago
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested 20 min ago
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect 57 min ago
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- S.Korean ferry: Vice principal commits suicide
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Pro-Russian insurgents ignore diplomatic deal
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet 20 min ago
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Covered California enrolls nearly 1.4M people
48 min ago