Inland Empire News
Propane blast hospitalizes man in Coachella
COACHELLA, Calif. (KABC) -- An explosion in the back of a truck sent one man to the hospital in the Coachella Valley.
Authorities said the extreme desert heat forced two propane tanks in the man's truck bed to leak. That combined with static electricity caused a huge explosion.
The driver of the truck was hospitalized, while his three passengers escaped uninjured. More than a dozen people at a nearby McDonald's were evacuated.
Fire officials are warning people to be very careful if transporting propane on extremely hot days.
explosion, inland empire news
- Oklahoma tornado: 20 children among 51 killed
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- Garcetti, Greuel make final stops across LA
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts w/ 2 girls
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- Experts warn about testosterone supplements 19 min ago
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' recap - week 10