Inland Empire News
Propane blast hospitalizes man in Coachella
COACHELLA, Calif. (KABC) -- An explosion in the back of a truck sent one man to the hospital in the Coachella Valley.
Authorities said the extreme desert heat forced two propane tanks in the man's truck bed to leak. That combined with static electricity caused a huge explosion.
The driver of the truck was hospitalized, while his three passengers escaped uninjured. More than a dozen people at a nearby McDonald's were evacuated.
Fire officials are warning people to be very careful if transporting propane on extremely hot days.
explosion, inland empire news
- Fallbrook bus crash leaves 1 dead, 22 hurt 14 min ago
- Tour bus rolls over on 15 Freeway in Corona 2 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt 5 min ago
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court 23 min ago
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Katie Couric's talk show to end this summer 40 min ago
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal 16 min ago
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis 57 min ago