Inland Empire News
Lake Elsinore kidnap suspect sketch released
LAKE ELSINORE, Calif. (KABC) -- The Lake Elsinore Police Dept. released a composite sketch of an attempted-kidnapping suspect Thursday.
Officers responded to a report of an attempted kidnapping of a 15-year-old girl Wednesday at 4:30 p.m., according to the department.
The 15-year-old girl was walking home from school when she saw a newer model blue Honda Accord with dark tinted windows at Grand Avenue and Fairview Street. The girl said the driver asked her if she needed a ride.
The girl ignored the driver and continued walking. The suspect then allegedly got out of the car and ran up behind the girl and grabbed her with both hands. The girl struck the suspect in the face with a spiked track shoe and ran away, then reported the incident to police.
The Honda Accord was last seen driving south on Grand Avenue.
The suspect was described as a white male between 25 and 30 years old, standing about 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighing 160 pounds, wearing a dark T-shirt. The suspect had a shaved head and numerous tattoos on the front of his neck. He had a pierced upper right lip and a pierced right eyebrow. The sketch shows the suspect with a goatee chin beard.
Anyone with further information about this incident should contact the Lake Elsinore Police Department at (951) 245-3300 or after hours and on weekends at (951) 776-1099.
inland empire news
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis