Inland Empire News
$400K worth of jewelry stolen from Hemet shop
HEMET, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities need the public's help tracking down armed robbers who made off with $400,000 in jewelry from a store in the Hemet Valley Mall.
Surveillance video shows what happened inside Fashion Island Jewelers just before 8 p.m. on Monday. Burglars smashed display cases with sledgehammers, grabbed the jewelry, ran out the back and got away in two waiting vehicles.
According to the Press Enterprise, two customers were in the store at the time, but they were not injured.
The entire robbery took 46 seconds.
If you have any information about this incident, you're urged to contact the Hemet Police Department at (951) 765-2400.
robbery, riverside county, inland empire news
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet 6 min ago
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer 36 min ago
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)