Inland Empire News
$400K worth of jewelry stolen from Hemet shop
HEMET, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities need the public's help tracking down armed robbers who made off with $400,000 in jewelry from a store in the Hemet Valley Mall.
Surveillance video shows what happened inside Fashion Island Jewelers just before 8 p.m. on Monday. Burglars smashed display cases with sledgehammers, grabbed the jewelry, ran out the back and got away in two waiting vehicles.
According to the Press Enterprise, two customers were in the store at the time, but they were not injured.
The entire robbery took 46 seconds.
If you have any information about this incident, you're urged to contact the Hemet Police Department at (951) 765-2400.
robbery, riverside county, inland empire news
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens 40 min ago
- Fewer travelers expected Memorial Day weekend
- I-5 bridge collapses in Wash.; 3 injured
- Disneyland holding Monstrous 'All-Nighter' 32 min ago
- 405 North crash, fuel spill snarls traffic 16 min ago
- LA gang activity coordinated from Kansas home
- LB regulates loud mufflers w/ electronic sign
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city
- Covered California announces 13 health plans
- Jodi Arias sentencing: Judge declares mistrial
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge 20 min ago
- OTRC: 'Hangover 3,' 'Fast & Furious 6' film reviews 46 min ago