Inland Empire News
Riverside County attempted kidnap suspect strikes again
LAKELAND VILLAGE, Calif. (KABC) -- The search is on for a man who tried to abduct two teenage girls in Riverside County on two separate occasions. The latest incident happened in Lakeland Village.
Authorities said the suspect drove up to a 13-year-old girl who was walking home from school near Laguna Avenue and Washington Street. He ordered the girl to get in his car, but she managed to run away.
"This suspect is getting more aggressive with this second incident, and we are going to put all our resources into getting him into custody," said Cpt. Dave Fontneau of the Riverside County Sheriff's Department.
Authorities said the suspect's description is very similar to that of a man who tried to abduct a 15-year-old girl on April 25 near Lakeside High School. Investigators released composite sketches from both incidents.
Anyone with information about the attempted abductions was asked to call the Riverside County Sheriff's Department at (951) 955-2400.
kidnap, inland empire news
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully 10 min ago
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)