Inland Empire News
Riverside County attempted kidnap suspect strikes again
LAKELAND VILLAGE, Calif. (KABC) -- The search is on for a man who tried to abduct two teenage girls in Riverside County on two separate occasions. The latest incident happened in Lakeland Village.
Authorities said the suspect drove up to a 13-year-old girl who was walking home from school near Laguna Avenue and Washington Street. He ordered the girl to get in his car, but she managed to run away.
"This suspect is getting more aggressive with this second incident, and we are going to put all our resources into getting him into custody," said Cpt. Dave Fontneau of the Riverside County Sheriff's Department.
Authorities said the suspect's description is very similar to that of a man who tried to abduct a 15-year-old girl on April 25 near Lakeside High School. Investigators released composite sketches from both incidents.
Anyone with information about the attempted abductions was asked to call the Riverside County Sheriff's Department at (951) 955-2400.
kidnap, inland empire news
- Oklahoma tornadoes level homes, kill man
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Loot-seeking vandals trash Palmdale church
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- Man's body found in vacant apartment in IE
- Man shot, killed in Victorville; 1 arrested 37 min ago
- Deputies rescue stranded Swedish family
- Greuel, Garcetti meet with LA churchgoers
- 2 FBI agents killed in Va. training accident
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- Taylor Swift wins big at Billboard Awards
- OTRC: Jennifer Lawrence's accused stalker arrested