Inland Empire News
Riverside County attempted kidnap suspect strikes again
LAKELAND VILLAGE, Calif. (KABC) -- The search is on for a man who tried to abduct two teenage girls in Riverside County on two separate occasions. The latest incident happened in Lakeland Village.
Authorities said the suspect drove up to a 13-year-old girl who was walking home from school near Laguna Avenue and Washington Street. He ordered the girl to get in his car, but she managed to run away.
"This suspect is getting more aggressive with this second incident, and we are going to put all our resources into getting him into custody," said Cpt. Dave Fontneau of the Riverside County Sheriff's Department.
Authorities said the suspect's description is very similar to that of a man who tried to abduct a 15-year-old girl on April 25 near Lakeside High School. Investigators released composite sketches from both incidents.
Anyone with information about the attempted abductions was asked to call the Riverside County Sheriff's Department at (951) 955-2400.
kidnap, inland empire news
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'