Inland Empire News
Riverside County attempted kidnap suspect strikes again
LAKELAND VILLAGE, Calif. (KABC) -- The search is on for a man who tried to abduct two teenage girls in Riverside County on two separate occasions. The latest incident happened in Lakeland Village.
Authorities said the suspect drove up to a 13-year-old girl who was walking home from school near Laguna Avenue and Washington Street. He ordered the girl to get in his car, but she managed to run away.
"This suspect is getting more aggressive with this second incident, and we are going to put all our resources into getting him into custody," said Cpt. Dave Fontneau of the Riverside County Sheriff's Department.
Authorities said the suspect's description is very similar to that of a man who tried to abduct a 15-year-old girl on April 25 near Lakeside High School. Investigators released composite sketches from both incidents.
Anyone with information about the attempted abductions was asked to call the Riverside County Sheriff's Department at (951) 955-2400.
kidnap, inland empire news
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Burbank stabbing leaves 2 in serious condition
- High-speed chase leads to arrests, 5 injuries
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report