Inland Empire News
Hemet HS teacher admits having sex with teen she says looked like 'Twilight' star
HEMET, Calif. (KABC) -- A former Hemet High School teacher has pleaded guilty to having sex with one of her students.
Janel Ramirez, 31, pleaded guilty to two counts of oral copulation and one count of sexual intercourse with a 16-year-old male student.
According to court documents, Ramirez told the student at the end of his sophomore year that he looked like "Twilight" actor Taylor Lautner. The following year, she had sexual contact with him three times.
Ramirez, a married mother of two, was sentenced to five years probation and 120 days of house arrest. She resigned from her teaching position last week.
riverside county, school, arrest, sex crimes, inland empire news
- Metro Red, Purple lines to require Tap Card 49 min ago
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies 43 min ago
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA surveillance has saved lives - Obama
- abcnews: TWA 800 crash not accident - investigators
- Chrysler agrees to Jeep recall over fire risk
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
34 min ago