Inland Empire News
Fontana fire under control but not contained
FONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Firefighters say they have control over an industrial fire in Fontana but the blaze is not expected to be fully contained until Monday.
Crews pulled an all-nighter battling the blaze, which broke out at a pallet yard on the 14000 block of Slover Avenue Friday.
At the height of the fire, explosions could be heard as flames ignited propane tanks.
The fire started at around 6 p.m. and quickly spread from the pallet yard to a trucking business next door. At one point, the blaze was so big that flames were shooting 80 feet into the air.
"You've got stacked pallets pretty high in the air. We have a breeze through here. Once one lights, it continues to travel through the pile and some of these piles as you can see behind me are pretty massive," said Capt. Shawn Millerick with the San Bernardino Fire Department.
Officials said three buildings at the pallet yard were damaged or destroyed. One firefighter was hurt, but he is expected to be OK.
The cause of the blaze remains under investigation.
fire, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Brush fire burns near Gorman by Quail Lake
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report