Inland Empire News
10 West Freeway in Indio reopened after shooting
INDIO, Calif. (KABC) -- The 10 West Freeway was shut down for hours at Jefferson Street in Indio on Monday morning following a police shooting.
CHP officers responded to a traffic collision on the eastbound I-10 near Jefferson Street just before 5 a.m. A pickup truck crashed into the center rail, and the officers saw a man believed to be the driver under the overpass bridge.
"Something happened that turned it into an officer-involved shooting," said Indio police spokesman Ben Guitron.
The two officers involved in the shooting were not hurt and the suspected truck driver was taken to the hospital in unknown condition.
The Indio Police Department is investigating the shooting and the CHP is investigating the crash.
The freeway was closed due to the investigation, with traffic being diverted on and off Jefferson Street. The freeway reopened just before 3 p.m.
The City News Service contributed to this report.
shooting, freeway, inland empire news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures peds 48 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 289 missing, 7 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Kansas Jewish center reopens after shooting 49 min ago
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break