Inland Empire News
10 West Freeway in Indio reopened after shooting
INDIO, Calif. (KABC) -- The 10 West Freeway was shut down for hours at Jefferson Street in Indio on Monday morning following a police shooting.
CHP officers responded to a traffic collision on the eastbound I-10 near Jefferson Street just before 5 a.m. A pickup truck crashed into the center rail, and the officers saw a man believed to be the driver under the overpass bridge.
"Something happened that turned it into an officer-involved shooting," said Indio police spokesman Ben Guitron.
The two officers involved in the shooting were not hurt and the suspected truck driver was taken to the hospital in unknown condition.
The Indio Police Department is investigating the shooting and the CHP is investigating the crash.
The freeway was closed due to the investigation, with traffic being diverted on and off Jefferson Street. The freeway reopened just before 3 p.m.
The City News Service contributed to this report.
shooting, freeway, inland empire news
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet 36 min ago
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- LA family seeks justice after deputy shooting
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail 56 min ago
- Jefferson Park area stabbing suspect sought
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Arkansas tornadoes injure 5, damage homes
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'