Inland Empire News
10 West Freeway in Indio reopened after shooting
INDIO, Calif. (KABC) -- The 10 West Freeway was shut down for hours at Jefferson Street in Indio on Monday morning following a police shooting.
CHP officers responded to a traffic collision on the eastbound I-10 near Jefferson Street just before 5 a.m. A pickup truck crashed into the center rail, and the officers saw a man believed to be the driver under the overpass bridge.
"Something happened that turned it into an officer-involved shooting," said Indio police spokesman Ben Guitron.
The two officers involved in the shooting were not hurt and the suspected truck driver was taken to the hospital in unknown condition.
The Indio Police Department is investigating the shooting and the CHP is investigating the crash.
The freeway was closed due to the investigation, with traffic being diverted on and off Jefferson Street. The freeway reopened just before 3 p.m.
The City News Service contributed to this report.
shooting, freeway, inland empire news
- Palmdale boy, 8, may have been tortured
- Cold case: Cadaver dog fails to pick up scent
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Bear cub breaks into a kitchen in Duarte 23 min ago
- Eric Garcetti meets with Mayor Villaraigosa 24 min ago
- Local police officer accused of child molest
- Van Nuys stabbing victim's family speaks out
- UC hospital workers' strike ends after 2 days
- Oklahoma tornado victims' names released
- abcnews: New Susan Powell video released
- Vote on gay Scouts comes at emotional moment
- Charles Ramsey promised free burgers for life
- SI model accepts local teen's prom proposal 44 min ago
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
53 min ago
- Pet of the week: Playful terrier-mix Bartleby
13 min ago