Inland Empire News
Decomposing body found in hole behind San Bernardino home
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- Police on Tuesday found a decomposing body in a hole behind a San Bernardino home after the owner reported a foul odor.
The owner of the rental property was checking the property and called police, who arrived around 9 a.m.
"In the backyard there's a hole approximately 4-foot deep by 5-foot long with a bunch of wood piled up on top of it," said Lt. Paul Williams of the San Bernardino Police Department.
Williams said the body was badly decomposed.
"I couldn't determine the sex, the gender, the age of the individual that is in this hole," he said.
Police did not know how long the body had been there or what the cause of death was. Homicide detectives searched inside the residence, garage and backyard for clues.
The body was removed by the coroner's department.
Police could not locate the people renting the home.
body found, inland empire news, leticia juarez
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- Deaf Yorkie held for ransom is back home
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Virginia parade crash injures up to 60 people
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1 in OT of Game 3
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- OTRC: Kristen Wiig talks about missing 'SNL'