Inland Empire News
'Snowboarder Bandit' arrested again on new charges
PALM DESERT, Calif. (KABC) -- The so-called "Snowboarder Bandit" was taken into custody again and charged with more bank robberies in Southern California.
Deputies said Michael Franks, 29, was re-arrested on charges of robbing two Coachella Valley banks - one in Palm Desert and the other in Rancho Mirage.
Franks was already arrested in connection with bank robberies in Orange County. He was then freed on bail.
It was not immediately known when he will appear in court for the new charges.
bank robbery, inland empire news
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- Torrance man sues over Dorner police shooting
- Cash in paper bag stolen in Altadena robbery
- Zuma Beach bus line launched from Thousand Oaks
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- 7-Eleven stores exploited immigrants - feds
- abcnews: NFL star's home searched after killing
- Zimmerman attorneys pick 40 potential jurors
- Dave Chappelle to headline Funny or Die tour
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy
- Stroke recognition crucial for quick...
53 min ago