Inland Empire News
Fontana girl shot dead at park during 16th birthday party
FONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Family and friends are mourning the loss of a 16-year-old girl who was shot and killed while celebrating her 16th birthday at a Fontana park.
Police found Ashley Caldera's body in Northgate Park on Saturday night, following reports of gunfire. Authorities said someone opened fire on Caldera and a group of friends.
Sunday night, loved ones returned to the park to remember the teenager.
"I want the person that did this put in jail, because they took my baby's life and I wouldn't want anybody to go through this," said Caldera's mother, Lorraine Valdez.
Police said the shooters were not acquainted with the group. The motive was under investigation.
Witnesses said the suspects were male. No arrests have been made.
san bernardino county, shooting, inland empire news
- Car rally to be held in honor of Paul Walker 8 min ago
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains 3 min ago
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies 37 min ago
- Fire hits Loyola Marymount University dorm
- Salvation Army bell-ringer breaks record in IE
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder 36 min ago
- Stanford beats ASU 38-14 in Pac-12 title game
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- Photos: Taylor Swift's most beautiful looks
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
18 min ago