Inland Empire News
Fontana girl shot dead at park during 16th birthday party
FONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Family and friends are mourning the loss of a 16-year-old girl who was shot and killed while celebrating her 16th birthday at a Fontana park.
Police found Ashley Caldera's body in Northgate Park on Saturday night, following reports of gunfire. Authorities said someone opened fire on Caldera and a group of friends.
Sunday night, loved ones returned to the park to remember the teenager.
"I want the person that did this put in jail, because they took my baby's life and I wouldn't want anybody to go through this," said Caldera's mother, Lorraine Valdez.
Police said the shooters were not acquainted with the group. The motive was under investigation.
Witnesses said the suspects were male. No arrests have been made.
san bernardino county, shooting, inland empire news
- Oklahoma tornado: 20 children among 51 killed
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four 46 min ago
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- Elephant meat, dead primate seized at LAX
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- Does your child have oral allergy syndrome?
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' recap - week 10