Inland Empire News
Fontana girl shot dead at park during 16th birthday party
FONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Family and friends are mourning the loss of a 16-year-old girl who was shot and killed while celebrating her 16th birthday at a Fontana park.
Police found Ashley Caldera's body in Northgate Park on Saturday night, following reports of gunfire. Authorities said someone opened fire on Caldera and a group of friends.
Sunday night, loved ones returned to the park to remember the teenager.
"I want the person that did this put in jail, because they took my baby's life and I wouldn't want anybody to go through this," said Caldera's mother, Lorraine Valdez.
Police said the shooters were not acquainted with the group. The motive was under investigation.
Witnesses said the suspects were male. No arrests have been made.
san bernardino county, shooting, inland empire news
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge 36 min ago
- Yucaipa woman arrested in husband's murder
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies 34 min ago
- State oversight may tame California pot shops 24 min ago
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks