Inland Empire News
Moreno Valley High School teacher arrested for sexual relationship with student
MORENO VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A Moreno Valley High School teacher was arrested Thursday on suspicion of unlawful sex with a minor.
Moreno Valley Police said that on May 24 a student at the school reported an inappropriate relationship between David Brohamer and a current student. Detectives began an investigation and determined that a former student was a potential victim of sexual assault.
Several statements were taken confirming an inappropriate sexual relationship between Brohamer and the victim, according to police.
The alleged victim was 17 years old and the relationship continued for several months during the 2008-2009 school year, according to police.
David Brohamer, a teacher at the school since 2006, was the AVID instructor as well as the golf team coach.
Brohamer was booked at the Robert Presley Detention Center in Riverside.
Investigators believe that current or former students may be able to provide information about this investigation. Anyone with information regarding this investigation is asked to contact Investigator Adams or Investigator Holland from the Moreno Valley Police Department's Detective Bureau at (951) 247-8700.
arrest, sex crimes, inland empire news
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion 21 min ago
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- Bear roams around Shadow Hills neighborhood 59 min ago
- LA city attorney race: Mike Feuer wins
- Ron Galperin wins LA city controller race
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe 14 min ago
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1, series tied 2-2
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10