Inland Empire News
Marine from Moreno killed in action in Afghanistan
MORENO VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A Marine from Moreno Valley has been killed in action in Afghanistan.
Cpl. Anthony R. Servin, 22, died Friday while conducting combat operations in Helmand province, Pentagon officials said. Servin was assigned to 2nd Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, out of Camp Pendleton.
The Department of Defense did not say how Servin was killed.
Servin's aunt, Lupe Nava, said the family got the news in the middle of the night. She said she will remember Servin as always laughing and smiling, but most of all as someone proud to be a Marine.
"The thing I can always remember about him is how he wore his uniform, he just stood up with his chest out and he was so proud of being a Marine," Nava said.
riverside county, afghanistan war, u.s. troops, inland empire news, rob mcmillan
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- Ex-Compton deputy fire chief out on bail
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- AZ sheriff's office profiles Latinos - judge 29 min ago
- London attack: Suspect's friend questioned 51 min ago
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy 7 min ago
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Vin Diesel denies steroids use (Video)