Inland Empire News
Marine from Moreno killed in action in Afghanistan
MORENO VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A Marine from Moreno Valley has been killed in action in Afghanistan.
Cpl. Anthony R. Servin, 22, died Friday while conducting combat operations in Helmand province, Pentagon officials said. Servin was assigned to 2nd Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, out of Camp Pendleton.
The Department of Defense did not say how Servin was killed.
Servin's aunt, Lupe Nava, said the family got the news in the middle of the night. She said she will remember Servin as always laughing and smiling, but most of all as someone proud to be a Marine.
"The thing I can always remember about him is how he wore his uniform, he just stood up with his chest out and he was so proud of being a Marine," Nava said.
riverside county, afghanistan war, u.s. troops, inland empire news, rob mcmillan
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Woman gives $500 to friend who's a single mom
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)