Inland Empire News
Marine from Moreno killed in action in Afghanistan
MORENO VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A Marine from Moreno Valley has been killed in action in Afghanistan.
Cpl. Anthony R. Servin, 22, died Friday while conducting combat operations in Helmand province, Pentagon officials said. Servin was assigned to 2nd Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, out of Camp Pendleton.
The Department of Defense did not say how Servin was killed.
Servin's aunt, Lupe Nava, said the family got the news in the middle of the night. She said she will remember Servin as always laughing and smiling, but most of all as someone proud to be a Marine.
"The thing I can always remember about him is how he wore his uniform, he just stood up with his chest out and he was so proud of being a Marine," Nava said.
riverside county, afghanistan war, u.s. troops, inland empire news, rob mcmillan
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- Bear roams around Shadow Hills neighborhood
- LA city attorney race: Mike Feuer wins
- Ron Galperin wins LA city controller race
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- Sleep remedies for a better night's rest 12 min ago
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10
- 'Captain Kangaroo' treasures now on sale
13 min ago