Inland Empire News
Marine from Moreno killed in action in Afghanistan
MORENO VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A Marine from Moreno Valley has been killed in action in Afghanistan.
Cpl. Anthony R. Servin, 22, died Friday while conducting combat operations in Helmand province, Pentagon officials said. Servin was assigned to 2nd Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, out of Camp Pendleton.
The Department of Defense did not say how Servin was killed.
Servin's aunt, Lupe Nava, said the family got the news in the middle of the night. She said she will remember Servin as always laughing and smiling, but most of all as someone proud to be a Marine.
"The thing I can always remember about him is how he wore his uniform, he just stood up with his chest out and he was so proud of being a Marine," Nava said.
riverside county, afghanistan war, u.s. troops, inland empire news, rob mcmillan
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'