Inland Empire News
Marine from Moreno killed in action in Afghanistan
MORENO VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A Marine from Moreno Valley has been killed in action in Afghanistan.
Cpl. Anthony R. Servin, 22, died Friday while conducting combat operations in Helmand province, Pentagon officials said. Servin was assigned to 2nd Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, out of Camp Pendleton.
The Department of Defense did not say how Servin was killed.
Servin's aunt, Lupe Nava, said the family got the news in the middle of the night. She said she will remember Servin as always laughing and smiling, but most of all as someone proud to be a Marine.
"The thing I can always remember about him is how he wore his uniform, he just stood up with his chest out and he was so proud of being a Marine," Nava said.
riverside county, afghanistan war, u.s. troops, inland empire news, rob mcmillan
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Loot-seeking vandals trash Palmdale church
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- Deputies rescue stranded Swedish family
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Tornadoes sweep across Kansas and Oklahoma
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- Swift to perform at Billboard Music Awards
- OTRC: Jennifer Lawrence's accused stalker arrested
- Powerball: Lone winning ticket sold in FL
13 min ago