Inland Empire News
Navitat Canopy Adventure lets you soar through nature
WRIGHTWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- You may think you'd have to travel far to get a gravity-defying experience, but the people Navitat Canopy Adventure in Wrightwood live for such thrills and can be found just an hour outside of downtown L.A.
The Navitat Canopy Adventure offers its visitors a bird's eye view of the San Gabriel Mountains with its various activities like zip lining, the longest of which sails for a quarter of a mile and takes you about 300 feet off the ground -- the equivalent of a 30 story building.
But Navitat Canopy Adventures is much more than a zip line course. There are three rappels, three sky ridges and one set of sky stairs. And if that isn't enough heart pumping action for you, don't worry. Navitat even has a free fall device called True Blue.
Clearly, there are plenty of adrenaline-pumping opportunities. The thrills are accompanied by lots of time to soak in your surroundings with canopy tours, an interpretive experience that also teaches you about the environment.
Navitat aims to combine nature and adventure, and you might feel just like a Red-tailed hawk as you glide through the forest.
environment, inland empire news, bri winkler
- Grapevine slowly reopens with CHP escorts 4 min ago
- Quick, cold front brings rain, chance of snow
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary 56 min ago
- Hawthorne stabbing: 1 killed, probe underway
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Manhattan Beach offers free parking downtown 33 min ago
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Brian the dog returning to 'Family Guy'?