Inland Empire News
Single-engine plane makes crash-landing in Fontana field
FONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A single-engine airplane crashed in Fontana Saturday at about 8 p.m. The plane made an emergency landing due to engine problems, according to the Federal Aviation Administration.
The plane stopped upside down in a field at Jurupa and Poplar avenues. The plane was significantly damaged.
San Bernardino County firefighters responded to the scene. Two minor injuries were originally reported, but the Fontana Police Department later said the two occupants were not injured.
The incident was under investigation by the FAA and the National Transportation Safety Board.
airplane, plane crash, inland empire news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster
- 15-yr-old arrested after assaulting IE senior
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour