Inland Empire News
Single-engine plane makes crash-landing in Fontana field
FONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A single-engine airplane crashed in Fontana Saturday at about 8 p.m. The plane made an emergency landing due to engine problems, according to the Federal Aviation Administration.
The plane stopped upside down in a field at Jurupa and Poplar avenues. The plane was significantly damaged.
San Bernardino County firefighters responded to the scene. Two minor injuries were originally reported, but the Fontana Police Department later said the two occupants were not injured.
The incident was under investigation by the FAA and the National Transportation Safety Board.
airplane, plane crash, inland empire news
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens 55 min ago
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor 45 min ago
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the 70s
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present 45 min ago
- Holiday heart attack triggers to be aware of
57 min ago