Inland Empire News
5 arrested in possible hazing incident at AB Miller High School
FONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Fontana police have arrested five people in connection with a possible hazing incident on the campus of A.B. Miller High School.
Three juvenile students, one adult student and a teacher were arrested Saturday on charges relating to child endangerment.
Eyewitness News has learned that the alleged incident, which happened during summer school, was sexual in nature.
Police said the hazing involved the physical assault of at least one student, and the incident appears to have been confined to one classroom. The teacher, 27-year-old Emmanuel de la Rosa, knew the assaults were taking place and may have directed the students to assault the alleged victim due to behavioral problems, according to investigators.
"The teacher was either familiar with what was going on or maybe had actually directed the students on how to do that hazing," said Fontana police Sgt. Robert Morris.
Several students were interviewed in a Fontana Unified School District Police investigation. Fontana police were then contacted.
De la Rosa was released on bail Sunday.
The 18-year-old student was identified as Fernando Salgado. He was charged with assault, attempted sodomy and child cruelty.
Authorities said the four also assaulted three other students.
Anyone with information on the incident or other possible acts of hazing was asked to call the Fontana Police Department at (909) 935-0740.
arrest, inland empire news, melissa macbride
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day 19 min ago
- Prosecutors shed light on Maribel Ramos murder 51 min ago
- Vinny Del Negro out as LA Clippers coach
- LA search-and-rescue on standby for Oklahoma 7 min ago
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls
- Jogger sexually assaulted in Santa Paula
- UC hospital workers strike over understaffing
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- 2013 Legacy, Outback recalled for steering issue
- New ACL surgery technique reduces failure rate 5 min ago
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10