Inland Empire News
5 arrested in possible hazing incident at AB Miller High School
FONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Fontana police have arrested five people in connection with a possible hazing incident on the campus of A.B. Miller High School.
Three juvenile students, one adult student and a teacher were arrested Saturday on charges relating to child endangerment.
Eyewitness News has learned that the alleged incident, which happened during summer school, was sexual in nature.
Police said the hazing involved the physical assault of at least one student, and the incident appears to have been confined to one classroom. The teacher, 27-year-old Emmanuel de la Rosa, knew the assaults were taking place and may have directed the students to assault the alleged victim due to behavioral problems, according to investigators.
"The teacher was either familiar with what was going on or maybe had actually directed the students on how to do that hazing," said Fontana police Sgt. Robert Morris.
Several students were interviewed in a Fontana Unified School District Police investigation. Fontana police were then contacted.
De la Rosa was released on bail Sunday.
The 18-year-old student was identified as Fernando Salgado. He was charged with assault, attempted sodomy and child cruelty.
Authorities said the four also assaulted three other students.
Anyone with information on the incident or other possible acts of hazing was asked to call the Fontana Police Department at (909) 935-0740.
arrest, inland empire news, melissa macbride
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- NASA astronauts begin spacewalking repairs
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt 37 min ago
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
28 min ago