Inland Empire News
Freight train strikes, kills man in Riverside
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is under way after a train struck and killed a man in Riverside.
Police say the man was waiting for an eastbound train to pass near Chicago Avenue when a westbound train hit him at about 4 p.m. Saturday.
The freight train was traveling from Barstow to Los Angeles.
The crash disrupted Metrolink service, but it has since returned to normal.
The man's identity was not immediately released by police, but authorities say he was 31 years old.
train accident, riverside county, inland empire news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster
- 15-yr-old arrested after assaulting IE senior
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour