Inland Empire News
Freight train strikes, kills man in Riverside
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is under way after a train struck and killed a man in Riverside.
Police say the man was waiting for an eastbound train to pass near Chicago Avenue when a westbound train hit him at about 4 p.m. Saturday.
The freight train was traveling from Barstow to Los Angeles.
The crash disrupted Metrolink service, but it has since returned to normal.
The man's identity was not immediately released by police, but authorities say he was 31 years old.
train accident, riverside county, inland empire news
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, man shot 3 min ago
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Ontario
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident 19 min ago
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- Joseph Gatto's stolen jewelry pieces sought
- abcnews: Brutal elevator attack shocks Chinese city
- World Cup: US to play Ghana, Portugal, Germany
- McDonald's accidentally gives cash to couple
- Billy Joel to perform at the Hollywood Bowl
- Bob Dylan's guitar sells for nearly $1M 49 min ago
- OTRC: Kelly Clarkson talks baby names (Video)