Inland Empire News
Freight train strikes, kills man in Riverside
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is under way after a train struck and killed a man in Riverside.
Police say the man was waiting for an eastbound train to pass near Chicago Avenue when a westbound train hit him at about 4 p.m. Saturday.
The freight train was traveling from Barstow to Los Angeles.
The crash disrupted Metrolink service, but it has since returned to normal.
The man's identity was not immediately released by police, but authorities say he was 31 years old.
train accident, riverside county, inland empire news
- EB 210 Fwy lanes closed, Gold Line shut down 15 min ago
- Protesters commemorate Armenian Genocide
- Metro votes to keep ExpressLanes program
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- 2 killed, 5 hurt in I-5 accident in Irvine
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- Obama: Asia-Pacific trade deal not in danger
- Olivia Wilde, Jason Sudeikis welcome baby boy
- OTRC: Beyonce on '100 Most Influential People' cover
- Pet of the Week: Mini Pinscher named Tabasco
25 min ago