Inland Empire News
Lake Arrowhead house fire kills man
LAKE ARROWHEAD, Calif. (KABC) -- A man is dead and a woman barely escaped with her life from a fire on the 100 block of Fremont Road in Lake Arrowhead.
Firefighters got a report of trees on fire at about 10:40 p.m. Monday. When they got to the scene, they found a two-story home on fire.
There was a real threat of flames spreading to nearby homes.
A 51-year-old woman was able to escape, but a 58-year-old man was found dead on the upper floor of the home.
Two cats also died in the fire.
The fire was under investigation.
fire, inland empire news
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Fire hits Loyola Marymount University dorm
- Large sinkhole closes Woodland Hills road
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Salvation Army bell-ringer breaks record in IE
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Stanford beats ASU 38-14 in Pac-12 title game
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- Photos: Jennifer Lopez at March of Dimes event