Inland Empire News
Moreno Valley double homicide shakes family, neighborhood
MORENO VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A woman and her teenage son were shot to death in Moreno Valley on Friday, according to the victim's family. The woman's boyfriend has been taken into custody.
The sheriff's department responded to a report of someone brandishing a weapon at 4:44 a.m. Upon arrival, deputies found one victim dead inside the house on the 24000 block Of Myers Avenue. Another victim was taken to a local hospital and later died.
"All I know is, I got the phone call this morning that she was dead and had been shot, and I needed to come down here," said Sylvester Jones, the female victim's father.
Jones says he immediately drove to Moreno Valley from Las Vegas. He says the only thing police would confirm to him is that his daughter is dead, but he fears his grandson is the other person who was killed.
Neighbors reported hearing what sounded like gunshots in the early morning hours. Kevin Parish said he ran over to see what was going on.
"There was some girl screaming, 'I can't believe he killed my mom,'" he said.
Police have confirmed that the person responsible for the shooting is in custody. The suspect's name has not been released.
Neighbors are saddened and stunned.
"It makes me unsafe," said Alvaro Figueroa. "I'm about to have a child of my own, so I kind of don't want to be around here."
Streets in the area were shut down as the investigation continued. Anyone with information is urged to call the Riverside County Sheriff's Department at (951) 955-2777.
body found, riverside county, inland empire news, rob mcmillan
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- 3 new Hollywood sex abuse lawsuits expected 51 min ago
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role