Inland Empire News
Stolen car suspect shot, killed by police in San Bernardino after chase through Colton
COLTON, Calif. (KABC) -- One person was killed and another was injured in an officer-involved shooting that spanned two Inland Empire cities.
Authorities say it all started at 2 a.m. in Colton, where an officer noticed a suspected stolen vehicle. When the officer tried to stop that vehicle, the suspects took off and drove into San Bernardino. That's when the officer-involved shooting occurred at Meridian and Mill streets.
One person was killed, and another person, a female, was rushed to an area hospital. There were some reports that the woman may be pregnant, but that has not been confirmed.
San Bernardino sheriff's investigators are now handling this case, but the shooting involved a Colton police officer.
The investigation is ongoing.
san bernardino county, officer-involved shooting, pursuit, car chase, inland empire news, john gregory
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found in canyon ID'd as Maribel Ramos
- Castaic-area brush fire nears containment
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- OC church burglary suspect in custody
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Virginia parade crash injures up to 60 people
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez debuts 'Live It Up' video