Inland Empire News
Tough Mudder: ABC7 reporters take part in grueling obstacle course for good cause
RUNNING SPRINGS, SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY (KABC) -- They call it "probably the toughest event on the planet." Tough Mudder, an obstacle course designed by British Special Forces, test participants' stamina, strength - physical and mental - and camaraderie.
The event came to Southern California this past weekend, taking place in Running Springs, where the altitude alone makes ascending a flight of stairs difficult.
It's 12 miles of running, two dozen obstacles, giant hill climbs and even electric shock as one of the challenges. So why do people do it? For a good cause, and there are some lunatics out there that love a challenge.
Those people included Eyewitness News reporters Eileen Frere, Elex Michaelson and me. We teamed up with two Santa Ana police officers, Cpl. Ed Hernandez and SWAT Officer Pete Picone, who happen to be former Marines.
Tough Mudder has raised about $3.3 million for the Wounded Warrior Project, which helps veterans injured in war. Half a million people around the world have accepted the Tough Mudder challenge.
Will you be next? Check out the Tough Mudder website at toughmudder.com for upcoming events.
san bernardino county, u.s. troops, fitness, inland empire news, david ono
- Authorities investigate body found in Laguna Hills
- Man burned in fire at Long Beach VA Hospital
- Mega Millions jackpot rockets to $425 million 1 min ago
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Canoga Park
- 24 students arrested in school drug ring case
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown
- San Diego cross memorial removal ordered 50 min ago
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Newtown priest speaks out on shooting
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Bradley Cooper talks 'American Hustle'
- Pasadena teen gets new family for holidays
18 min ago