Inland Empire News
Tough Mudder: ABC7 reporters take part in grueling obstacle course for good cause
RUNNING SPRINGS, SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY (KABC) -- They call it "probably the toughest event on the planet." Tough Mudder, an obstacle course designed by British Special Forces, test participants' stamina, strength - physical and mental - and camaraderie.
The event came to Southern California this past weekend, taking place in Running Springs, where the altitude alone makes ascending a flight of stairs difficult.
It's 12 miles of running, two dozen obstacles, giant hill climbs and even electric shock as one of the challenges. So why do people do it? For a good cause, and there are some lunatics out there that love a challenge.
Those people included Eyewitness News reporters Eileen Frere, Elex Michaelson and me. We teamed up with two Santa Ana police officers, Cpl. Ed Hernandez and SWAT Officer Pete Picone, who happen to be former Marines.
Tough Mudder has raised about $3.3 million for the Wounded Warrior Project, which helps veterans injured in war. Half a million people around the world have accepted the Tough Mudder challenge.
Will you be next? Check out the Tough Mudder website at toughmudder.com for upcoming events.
san bernardino county, u.s. troops, fitness, inland empire news, david ono
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2 15 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Selena Gomez films Adidas ads (Photos)
- Unbelievable scenes from Colorado car chase
12 min ago
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
20 min ago