Inland Empire News
Jurupa Valley robbery suspect shot, killed by deputy
JURUPA VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- An armed robbery suspect was shot and killed by a deputy in the Inland Empire city of Jurupa Valley.
Deputies were responding to a robbery-in-progress call along the 3600 block of Pacific Avenue at about 9 a.m. Saturday when they spotted the suspect and started running after him. As one deputy caught up, the suspect reportedly said he had a gun.
That's when the deputy, fearing for his life, opened fire and killed the suspect.
The suspect's name has not been released. The deputy was not injured.
The case is under investigation.
riverside county, robbery, deputy-involved shooting, inland empire news
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital 23 min ago
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race 3 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks