Inland Empire News
Gun-wielding suspect fatally shot by police in mobile home park pursuit
CORONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A man who allegedly fired a gun during a domestic dispute was fatally shot by police Thursday night in Corona, according to police.
At about 7:40 p.m. Thursday, Corona Police received a report of a domestic dispute and a shooting at the Corona West Mobile Home Park at 995 Pomona Road.
Responding officers saw a male suspect driving away from the scene at a high rate of speed. Officers pursued the suspect through the mobile home park. The suspect, armed with a handgun, jumped out of his still-moving car, according to police.
An officer-involved shooting occurred, and the suspect, 34-year-old Corona resident David Miguel Ventura, was struck. He was transported to Riverside Community Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
No one else was injured.
The Corona Police Department's Officer Involved Shooting Team responded and was handling the investigation. Investigators located a small caliber handgun at the scene, according to Corona Police.
The investigation is ongoing. The Corona Police Department is asking anyone with information about the incident to call Senior Detective Dan Dunnigan at (951) 817-5768.
inland empire news
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured 58 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found 38 min ago
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video