Inland Empire News
Gun-wielding suspect fatally shot by police in mobile home park pursuit
CORONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A man who allegedly fired a gun during a domestic dispute was fatally shot by police Thursday night in Corona, according to police.
At about 7:40 p.m. Thursday, Corona Police received a report of a domestic dispute and a shooting at the Corona West Mobile Home Park at 995 Pomona Road.
Responding officers saw a male suspect driving away from the scene at a high rate of speed. Officers pursued the suspect through the mobile home park. The suspect, armed with a handgun, jumped out of his still-moving car, according to police.
An officer-involved shooting occurred, and the suspect, 34-year-old Corona resident David Miguel Ventura, was struck. He was transported to Riverside Community Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
No one else was injured.
The Corona Police Department's Officer Involved Shooting Team responded and was handling the investigation. Investigators located a small caliber handgun at the scene, according to Corona Police.
The investigation is ongoing. The Corona Police Department is asking anyone with information about the incident to call Senior Detective Dan Dunnigan at (951) 817-5768.
inland empire news
- Report of gun in LA Times bldg: suspect detained
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Cute bear cub left alone at animal rescue
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film 26 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in...
50 min ago