Inland Empire News
Burglars hit 11 San Bernardino schools in 2 weekends
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- Burglars and vandals have hit 11 schools in the San Bernardino City Unified School District over the past two weekends, taking thousands of dollars in school property.
School district police said 16 computers were stolen from a classroom at Hillside Elementary School on Saturday.
This is the second time the elementary school has been the target of thieves. During spring break, the school was burglarized three separate times. Police caught one suspect and recovered two iMac computers in the school's parking lot.
In another theft, eight computers were stolen from the Golden Valley Middle School library.
The thefts couldn't come at a worse time. Students start a new school year next week and the district is facing challenges as the city struggles with its own finances.
"It makes me mad," said parent Theresa Estrada. "It's not fair to the kids, takes from their education."
san bernardino county, school, burglary, inland empire news, leticia juarez
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- Vehicle slams into tree, erupts in flames
- Hostilities erupt in Michael Jackson trial
- OC man convicted of estranged wife's shooting
- Van Nuys road rage: 2 well-dressed men fight
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite 15 min ago
- San Jose sues MLB for stalling A's move
- abcnews: $65K reward in '08 Times Square bombing
- Afghanistan gov. takes over its armed forces
- Expansions for women in combat to be announced
- Dave Chappelle to headline Funny or Die tour
- Justin Bieber cleared in crash investigation
- OTRC: Katy Perry: Russell Brand texted divorce plan