Inland Empire News
Armed man in Corona shot, killed by police
CORONA, Calif. (KABC) -- An armed man was shot and killed by police on East Lakeside Place near McKinley Street in Corona.
Police were responding to reports of a man threatening to hit his neighbors at the Deerwood Apartment complex shortly before 11 p.m. Wednesday.
When officers arrived, they say the suspect took off running and at some point pulled out a gun. That's when officers opened fire. The suspect, identified as 28-year-old Eric Burbank of Corona, was transported to Riverside Community Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
No officers were injured. Investigators located a handgun at the scene of the shooting.
Last week, Corona officers shot and killed another man during a confrontation at a mobile home park.
If you have any information about the incident, you're urged to contact Corona police at (951) 817-5768.
riverside county, officer-involved shooting, inland empire news
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins 46 min ago
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- Bear roams around Shadow Hills neighborhood 23 min ago
- LA city attorney race: Mike Feuer wins
- Ron Galperin wins LA city controller race
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1, series tied 2-2
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10