Inland Empire News
Murrieta man charged with rape, kidnap of prostitutes
MURRIETA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Murrieta man was arraigned Wednesday, accused of raping four prostitutes at gunpoint. Authorities believe there could be more victims.
Melbrough Williams, 44, is charged with seven counts of rape by force, three counts of robbery, and one count each of kidnap for rape, oral copulation by force and sexual penetration by a foreign object. Also included are allegations of sexual offense of a kidnapped victim and sexual offenses with more than one victim.
One woman was allegedly raped in October 2002 in the Lake Elsinore area after being kidnapped from somewhere in Orange County. The other women were allegedly raped in the Temecula area this year in May, June and July, according to a spokesman for the Riverside County District Attorney's Office.
The women were all were working as prostitutes at the time of the alleged attacks. Williams reportedly met the three most recent alleged victims through a website and supposedly picked up the alleged 2002 victim on a street in Anaheim, according to the Riverside County DA.
Williams was arrested in Costa Mesa Friday and was held at the Robert Presley Detention Center in Riverside on $10 million bond.
News of the charges shocked at least one neighbor nearby Williams' Jacob Way residence. He called Williams a "nice guy."
City News Service contributed to this report.
sexual assault, robbery, kidnap, court case, inland empire news
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure 37 min ago
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- Echo Park apartment fire deemed suspicious 32 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case 3 min ago
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Arleta deadly road rage suspect identified
- Car slams into Ventura house; driver arrested
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- Mandela interpreter cites hallucinations
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West 28 min ago
- Klinsmann to remain as US coach through 2018
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach 47 min ago
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case 18 min ago
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son
- 'The Butler' snubbed by Golden Globes
18 min ago