Inland Empire News
Puppy thrown away in IE dumpster recovering
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- A puppy left to die in a dumpster is making a comeback.
Pongo, a 6-month-old Rottweiler mix, was found four days ago by a Riverside Animal Control officer. The officer answered an anonymous call and found Pongo wrapped in a trash bag in a dumpster at a Riverside apartment complex.
The puppy was rushed to Western Riverside County/City Animal Shelter in Jurupa Valley in an emaciated and lethargic state.
Vets weren't sure he'd make it, but they went to work with fluids and medication. Pongo, named by staffers, has gained weight and improved dramatically.
The dog will remain under observation until a new owner shows up. Anyone interested in adopting Pongo should first contact John Welsh with Riverside County Animal Services at jcwelshrivcocha.org.
City News Service contributed to this report.
animal news, inland empire news
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Castaic-area brush fire fully contained 6 min ago
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- OC church burglary suspect in custody
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Virginia parade crash injures up to 60 people
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1 in OT of Game 3 10 min ago
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez debuts 'Live It Up' video
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
21 min ago