Inland Empire News
Man with baseball bat shot, killed by San Bernardino cops
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was shot and killed by San Bernardino police after he allegedly confronted officers with a baseball bat.
The incident happened Wednesday near the 1400 block of 16th Street. Two officers were called to the scene because of some sort of family dispute.
When they arrived, the suspect was in the garage with an aluminum baseball bat. Officers said they told the man several times to drop the bat, but he refused.
When he moved toward them, the officers opened fire. The suspect was taken to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center, but he died a short time later, officials said. The officers were not injured.
The case will be reviewed by the District Attorney's Office per department protocol.
officer-involved shooting, inland empire news
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey 21 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash 11 min ago
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing 6 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan 6 min ago
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
50 min ago