Inland Empire News
Man with baseball bat shot, killed by San Bernardino cops
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was shot and killed by San Bernardino police after he allegedly confronted officers with a baseball bat.
The incident happened Wednesday near the 1400 block of 16th Street. Two officers were called to the scene because of some sort of family dispute.
When they arrived, the suspect was in the garage with an aluminum baseball bat. Officers said they told the man several times to drop the bat, but he refused.
When he moved toward them, the officers opened fire. The suspect was taken to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center, but he died a short time later, officials said. The officers were not injured.
The case will be reviewed by the District Attorney's Office per department protocol.
officer-involved shooting, inland empire news
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95 1 min ago
- Jameis Winston won't be charged in rape case 33 min ago
- Fast food workers protest, demand $15 an hour
- Cold snap moving across Southern California 17 min ago
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct 56 min ago
- Idaho school bus crash: 1 child killed, 4 hurt
- US teacher killed in Benghazi: officials
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- Manhattan Toy Quixel baby rattles recalled
- Photos: ABC7 viewers share holiday photos
- Bynes leaves inpatient treatment, says lawyer 29 min ago
- Banksy 'Flower Girl' could fetch up to $300K
- OTRC: 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' official trailer
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
16 min ago