Inland Empire News
Woman found dead in San Diego County motel; Lake Elsinore man sought as person of interest
POWAY, Calif. (KABC) -- Riverside County deputies are looking for a person of interest after a woman was found dead at a San Diego County motel.
That person of interest is 27-year-old Joseph Dorsey, who was the last person seen with the deceased woman, identified as 47-year-old Christine Stewart.
Officials say Dorsey, Stewart's boyfriend, was last seen driving a 1994 Ford Explorer with California license plate number 6UDY773. The car is dark blue with a gray hood and front fender.
Dorsey is described as a white male, about 6 feet 1 inch tall with brown hair.
Authorities found Stewart's body at about 2 p.m. on Wednesday at the Best Western Plus on the 13800 block of Poway Road in Poway. Investigators believe Stewart was murdered elsewhere, and then taken to the motel.
Both Stewart and Dorsey were reported missing on Monday. They were last seen Saturday night in the Lake Elsinore area.
If you have any information about this case, you're urged to contact the sheriff's Central Homicide Unit at (951) 955-2777.
City News Service contributed to this report.
riverside county, body found, inland empire news
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa. 45 min ago
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case 41 min ago
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again 11 min ago
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors
- Intersection gets safety upgrades after death
23 min ago