Inland Empire News
Woman found dead in San Diego County motel; Lake Elsinore man sought as person of interest
POWAY, Calif. (KABC) -- Riverside County deputies are looking for a person of interest after a woman was found dead at a San Diego County motel.
That person of interest is 27-year-old Joseph Dorsey, who was the last person seen with the deceased woman, identified as 47-year-old Christine Stewart.
Officials say Dorsey, Stewart's boyfriend, was last seen driving a 1994 Ford Explorer with California license plate number 6UDY773. The car is dark blue with a gray hood and front fender.
Dorsey is described as a white male, about 6 feet 1 inch tall with brown hair.
Authorities found Stewart's body at about 2 p.m. on Wednesday at the Best Western Plus on the 13800 block of Poway Road in Poway. Investigators believe Stewart was murdered elsewhere, and then taken to the motel.
Both Stewart and Dorsey were reported missing on Monday. They were last seen Saturday night in the Lake Elsinore area.
If you have any information about this case, you're urged to contact the sheriff's Central Homicide Unit at (951) 955-2777.
City News Service contributed to this report.
riverside county, body found, inland empire news
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis