Inland Empire News
Corona tutor accused of molesting 14-year-old girl; out on bond
CORONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 21-year-old tutor was free on bond Tuesday morning after being arrested for allegedly molesting a 14-year-old girl.
Police say Mathew Davis met his victim while tutoring her at Tutor Whiz in Corona.
The investigation began after the parents of the victim discovered online conversations between the two and called police. Officers say a search warrant at Davis' home lead to evidence that Davis had engaged in inappropriate sexual conduct with the victim.
Davis was arrested Sunday and charged with several counts of lewd and lascivious acts with a minor. He was booked into the Corona Police Department and later released on a $25,000 bond.
The investigation is ongoing and anyone with information on the incident is asked to contact detective Gail Gottfried at (951) 279-3623.
riverside county, inland empire news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour