Inland Empire News
Corona tutor accused of molesting 14-year-old girl; out on bond
CORONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 21-year-old tutor was free on bond Tuesday morning after being arrested for allegedly molesting a 14-year-old girl.
Police say Mathew Davis met his victim while tutoring her at Tutor Whiz in Corona.
The investigation began after the parents of the victim discovered online conversations between the two and called police. Officers say a search warrant at Davis' home lead to evidence that Davis had engaged in inappropriate sexual conduct with the victim.
Davis was arrested Sunday and charged with several counts of lewd and lascivious acts with a minor. He was booked into the Corona Police Department and later released on a $25,000 bond.
The investigation is ongoing and anyone with information on the incident is asked to contact detective Gail Gottfried at (951) 279-3623.
riverside county, inland empire news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Fontana suspect found after escaping from police 2 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...
- Stress management tip - call your doctor
39 min ago
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
34 min ago