Inland Empire News
Corona tutor accused of molesting 14-year-old girl; out on bond
CORONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 21-year-old tutor was free on bond Tuesday morning after being arrested for allegedly molesting a 14-year-old girl.
Police say Mathew Davis met his victim while tutoring her at Tutor Whiz in Corona.
The investigation began after the parents of the victim discovered online conversations between the two and called police. Officers say a search warrant at Davis' home lead to evidence that Davis had engaged in inappropriate sexual conduct with the victim.
Davis was arrested Sunday and charged with several counts of lewd and lascivious acts with a minor. He was booked into the Corona Police Department and later released on a $25,000 bond.
The investigation is ongoing and anyone with information on the incident is asked to contact detective Gail Gottfried at (951) 279-3623.
riverside county, inland empire news
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet 20 min ago
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs 9 min ago
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer 50 min ago
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)