Inland Empire News
Rialto pastor accused of sexually abusing 2 girls
RIALTO, Calif. (KABC) -- A San Bernardino County pastor was arrested, accused of sexually abusing two young girls.
Anthony Lavon Smith, who was arrested Tuesday, lives in Rialto but he works as a pastor at the Jericho Missionary Baptist Church in Compton.
The 47-year-old is accused of having a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old girl that's been ongoing for the past six years.
During the investigation, a second female victim, who is now 29 years old, also came forward claiming she had been sexually abused by Smith when she was 15 years old.
Smith was booked into the San Bernardino County Jail on multiple child sexual abuse charges.
Detectives are concerned there may be additional victims. If you have any information related to this case, you're urged to contact Rialto police at (909) 820-2578.
arrest, sex crimes, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- Boy Scouts vote to accept openly gay boys
- Palmdale boy allegedly tortured; 2 in custody
- LA gang coordinated from Kansas house: arrest
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city
- Cold case: Cadaver dog fails to pick up scent
- IE school, parents make push for crosswalk
- 5-acre brush fire burns near Castaic school
- I-5 bridge collapses in Wash.; people in water
- Jodi Arias sentencing: Judge declares mistrial
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Consumer Reports tests summertime sunscreens
- SI model accepts local teen's prom proposal
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'