Inland Empire News
Rialto pastor accused of sexually abusing 2 girls
RIALTO, Calif. (KABC) -- A San Bernardino County pastor was arrested, accused of sexually abusing two young girls.
Anthony Lavon Smith, who was arrested Tuesday, lives in Rialto but he works as a pastor at the Jericho Missionary Baptist Church in Compton.
The 47-year-old is accused of having a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old girl that's been ongoing for the past six years.
During the investigation, a second female victim, who is now 29 years old, also came forward claiming she had been sexually abused by Smith when she was 15 years old.
Smith was booked into the San Bernardino County Jail on multiple child sexual abuse charges.
Detectives are concerned there may be additional victims. If you have any information related to this case, you're urged to contact Rialto police at (909) 820-2578.
arrest, sex crimes, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured 17 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery 6 min ago
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide 1 min ago
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital 13 min ago
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)