Inland Empire News
Rialto pastor accused of sexually abusing 2 girls
RIALTO, Calif. (KABC) -- A San Bernardino County pastor was arrested, accused of sexually abusing two young girls.
Anthony Lavon Smith, who was arrested Tuesday, lives in Rialto but he works as a pastor at the Jericho Missionary Baptist Church in Compton.
The 47-year-old is accused of having a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old girl that's been ongoing for the past six years.
During the investigation, a second female victim, who is now 29 years old, also came forward claiming she had been sexually abused by Smith when she was 15 years old.
Smith was booked into the San Bernardino County Jail on multiple child sexual abuse charges.
Detectives are concerned there may be additional victims. If you have any information related to this case, you're urged to contact Rialto police at (909) 820-2578.
arrest, sex crimes, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- 3 new Hollywood sex abuse lawsuits expected
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role