Inland Empire News
Rialto pastor accused of sexually abusing 2 girls
RIALTO, Calif. (KABC) -- A San Bernardino County pastor was arrested, accused of sexually abusing two young girls.
Anthony Lavon Smith, who was arrested Tuesday, lives in Rialto but he works as a pastor at the Jericho Missionary Baptist Church in Compton.
The 47-year-old is accused of having a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old girl that's been ongoing for the past six years.
During the investigation, a second female victim, who is now 29 years old, also came forward claiming she had been sexually abused by Smith when she was 15 years old.
Smith was booked into the San Bernardino County Jail on multiple child sexual abuse charges.
Detectives are concerned there may be additional victims. If you have any information related to this case, you're urged to contact Rialto police at (909) 820-2578.
arrest, sex crimes, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- Moorpark High on lockdown after threat made 17 min ago
- Rain, winds move into Southern California 2 min ago
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash
- Body found in Corona; investigation underway
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped 42 min ago
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston: I have Lupus Myelitis 46 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
2 min ago