Inland Empire News
Joshua Tree school teacher pleads not guilty to molesting boys
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- A Yucca Valley teacher and church volunteer was arraigned Monday for molesting underage boys over a 30-year period.
A not-guilty plea was entered on behalf of Caleb Hesse, although he did confess to San Bernardino County Sheriff's deputies last week that he had inappropriate contact with an unknown number of boys.
Hesse, 52, had been employed as a first-grade teacher at Friendly Hills Elementary School in Joshua Tree and had volunteered with a church youth group in Yucca Valley.
Hesse was held on $2.5 million bond.
sex crimes, arrest, court case, inland empire news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break