Inland Empire News
Joshua Tree school teacher pleads not guilty to molesting boys
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- A Yucca Valley teacher and church volunteer was arraigned Monday for molesting underage boys over a 30-year period.
A not-guilty plea was entered on behalf of Caleb Hesse, although he did confess to San Bernardino County Sheriff's deputies last week that he had inappropriate contact with an unknown number of boys.
Hesse, 52, had been employed as a first-grade teacher at Friendly Hills Elementary School in Joshua Tree and had volunteered with a church youth group in Yucca Valley.
Hesse was held on $2.5 million bond.
sex crimes, arrest, court case, inland empire news
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Loot-seeking vandals trash Palmdale church
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- Deputies rescue stranded Swedish family
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Tornadoes sweep across Kansas and Oklahoma
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- Swift to perform at Billboard Music Awards
- OTRC: Jennifer Lawrence's accused stalker arrested
- Powerball: Lone winning ticket sold in FL
50 min ago