Inland Empire News
Crews battle wildfire in Hemet area
HEMET, Calif. (KABC) -- Crews battled a wildfire burning near Sage on Saturday afternoon.
The fire was reported at 4:56 p.m. in the area of De Portola Road and Palm Street just south of Hemet. Twelve engines, five fire crews, four air tankers and a helicopter responded to the scene.
The fire was fully contained as of 7:30 p.m. and reached 50 acres. Firefighters will remain at the scene overnight. Full control of the fire is expected by 2 p.m. Sunday.
No injuries or threats to structures were reported.
wildfire, inland empire news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Malaysia not sure which way jet was headed
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book