Inland Empire News
Mom, boyfriend kidnap one of two kids during supervised visit
RIALTO, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities say a couple was arrested on suspicion of kidnapping a child in the Rialto area Wednesday.
According to Rialto Police, a woman and her boyfriend were scheduled to meet a Child Protective Services representative at a McDonald's restaurant in Rialto. They arrived for a supervised visit with the woman's two children, a 2-year-old and a 6-month-old.
The couple allegedly fled the scene with the 2-year-old, Elijah Cardenas, while the CPS representative was putting the infant in a car seat. They drove away in a black Dodge SUV.
Police said the child was found and Stacey Nicole Patterson, 21, and James Krost, 53, were arrested later Wednesday night.
Earlier, an Amber Alert was launched for San Bernardino, Riverside, San Diego and Orange counties.
Anyone with information about the case should contact the Rialto Police Department at (909) 820-2596.
The mother had her two children originally taken away from her due to a corporal punishment incident involving the children.
kidnap, inland empire news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust 6 min ago
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought 45 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere