Inland Empire News
Knife-wielding man shot, wounded by San Bernardino officer
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- A San Bernardino officer fired shots during a confrontation with a man who was wielding a knife.
The incident happened in the 1400 block of North Canyon Road. Police responded to the area just before 4 a.m. Saturday when they encountered 20-year-old Adrian Jimenez.
They say several women were trying to get a knife away from Jimenez but couldn't. An officer then ordered Jimenez to drop the weapon. That's when they say he came at the officer with the knife, and the officer shot him.
Jimenez was taken to a hospital for surgery and was reported to be in stable condition.
san bernardino county, officer-involved shooting, inland empire news
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens 42 min ago
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment 18 min ago
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain
- Bipartisan budget deal nears final passage
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- India diplomat claims cavity search in NYC
- Ronnie Biggs, 'Great Train Robber,' dies at 84
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
40 min ago