Inland Empire News
Knife-wielding man shot, wounded by San Bernardino officer
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- A San Bernardino officer fired shots during a confrontation with a man who was wielding a knife.
The incident happened in the 1400 block of North Canyon Road. Police responded to the area just before 4 a.m. Saturday when they encountered 20-year-old Adrian Jimenez.
They say several women were trying to get a knife away from Jimenez but couldn't. An officer then ordered Jimenez to drop the weapon. That's when they say he came at the officer with the knife, and the officer shot him.
Jimenez was taken to a hospital for surgery and was reported to be in stable condition.
san bernardino county, officer-involved shooting, inland empire news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 33 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Amber Alert issued for Long Beach boy 2 min ago
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K 3 min ago
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years 8 min ago
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...