Inland Empire News
Pursuit suspect jumps from moving car in Rancho Cucamonga
RANCHO CUCAMONGA, Calif. (KABC) -- A police pursuit on the northbound 15 Freeway ended when the suspect jumped out of a moving car in Rancho Cucamonga.
The pursuit started just after 10 p.m. Friday on city streets in San Bernardino, but it moved onto the 10 Freeway, exceeding 100 mph at one point.
When the chase entered Rancho Cucamonga, the suspect crashed into another vehicle on a transition road from the eastbound 10 to the northbound 15 Freeway. He then jumped out of the moving vehicle and leaped over the guardrail to the street below.
The suspect was taken into custody with what authorities called minor-to-moderate injuries. The exact circumstances surrounding the cause of the chase are still unclear.
City News Center contributed to this report.
san bernardino county, car chase, pursuit, inland empire news
- LA earthquake: 4.4-mag. quake shakes SoCal 1 min ago
- Ex-couple found guilty in East LA bank robbery
- IE teen gets 18 months in 'sextortion' plot
- Crimea declares independence; West hits back 13 min ago
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Burbank couple rescues child with mattress
- Lancaster man hit in deputy-involved shooting
- Actor Chris Pine pleads guilty to DUI 14 min ago
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- Malaysian plane search expands further
- abcnews: Woman says Scientology tore apart her family
- SEALs take oil tanker from Libyan rebels
- Stooges drummer Scott Asheton dies at 64 49 min ago
- OTRC: 'The Walking Dead' recap: Season 4, ep 14