Inland Empire News
Pursuit suspect jumps from moving car in Rancho Cucamonga
RANCHO CUCAMONGA, Calif. (KABC) -- A police pursuit on the northbound 15 Freeway ended when the suspect jumped out of a moving car in Rancho Cucamonga.
The pursuit started just after 10 p.m. Friday on city streets in San Bernardino, but it moved onto the 10 Freeway, exceeding 100 mph at one point.
When the chase entered Rancho Cucamonga, the suspect crashed into another vehicle on a transition road from the eastbound 10 to the northbound 15 Freeway. He then jumped out of the moving vehicle and leaped over the guardrail to the street below.
The suspect was taken into custody with what authorities called minor-to-moderate injuries. The exact circumstances surrounding the cause of the chase are still unclear.
City News Center contributed to this report.
san bernardino county, car chase, pursuit, inland empire news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis
- CA proposal: Kill switch for stolen phones?
4 min ago