Inland Empire News
Fontana man caught trying to videotape under dress
FONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Fontana man was arrested on Monday after being caught trying to videotape under a woman's dress at a Target store.
Authorities were called to the Target in the 16900 block of Slover Avenue. The victim, a 32-year-old woman named Regina, had been shopping when they noticed the suspect, identified as Jose Alderete, 38.
"I just immediately just yelled at him, 'What are you doing,' and I started screaming," she said. "He was trying to record under my skirt."
Police say Alderete had a cellphone taped to his shoe. Regina's husband Osiel chased the suspect as he tried to flee the store. The husband managed to tackle him in the parking lot and hold him until officers arrived.
Alderete was arrested and booked at the West Valley Detention Center in Rancho Cucamonga. He has since been released after being cited for misdemeanor disorderly conduct with a camera.
Police say the cellphone also had videos of other females at different locations. These other females have not yet been identified, police said.
arrest, san bernardino county, inland empire news, rob mcmillan
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets 32 min ago
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- IE man found guilty of molesting 3 girls 21 min ago
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts