Inland Empire News
Fontana man caught trying to videotape under dress
FONTANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Fontana man was arrested on Monday after being caught trying to videotape under a woman's dress at a Target store.
Authorities were called to the Target in the 16900 block of Slover Avenue. The victim, a 32-year-old woman named Regina, had been shopping when they noticed the suspect, identified as Jose Alderete, 38.
"I just immediately just yelled at him, 'What are you doing,' and I started screaming," she said. "He was trying to record under my skirt."
Police say Alderete had a cellphone taped to his shoe. Regina's husband Osiel chased the suspect as he tried to flee the store. The husband managed to tackle him in the parking lot and hold him until officers arrived.
Alderete was arrested and booked at the West Valley Detention Center in Rancho Cucamonga. He has since been released after being cited for misdemeanor disorderly conduct with a camera.
Police say the cellphone also had videos of other females at different locations. These other females have not yet been identified, police said.
arrest, san bernardino county, inland empire news, rob mcmillan
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected 3 min ago
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family 31 min ago
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
20 min ago