Inland Empire News
Foul play suspected in woman's hit-run death
WINCHESTER, RIVERSIDE COUNTY (KABC) -- A woman's body was found along Brookridge Lane near Washington Street in French Valley on Friday.
But what happened to Wanda McGlover on that stretch of roadway? That's the question her family and investigators are trying to figure out.
Last Friday, her son said his 68-year-old mother was on the phone with her daughter in Georgia while out on her morning walk. Then the conversation between mother and daughter ended abruptly.
"My sister came and woke me up and said, 'Where does mother walk?' And I said by the park, and she said something has happened," said the son, who did not want to be identified.
Familiar with her routine, McGlover's son said he located his mother lying in a ditch, bleeding heavily.
"I went over and held her hand and communicated with her," he said. "She didn't respond, her eyes were fixed and dilated and she wasn't blinking. So I held her hand and told her I loved her."
McGlover, an avid music lover who designed church robes, was pronounced dead at the hospital. A medical examiner's report said her injuries were consistent with being struck by a car, but her family isn't so sure.
During the conversation, the family said McGlover uttered "excuse me" followed by her scream.
"The fact that she said 'excuse me' leaves me to believe that she spoke to someone and someone tried to assault her or something," the son said.
The California Highway Patrol is investigating McGlover's death as a possible hit and run, but they said they are not ruling anything out. Investigators planned to comb the area for McGlover's cellphone.
The CHP asks anyone who saw anything or knows something to contact them at (951) 506-2000.
homicide investigation, hit and run, inland empire news, leticia juarez
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land 55 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video