Inland Empire News
Foul play suspected in woman's hit-run death
WINCHESTER, RIVERSIDE COUNTY (KABC) -- A woman's body was found along Brookridge Lane near Washington Street in French Valley on Friday.
But what happened to Wanda McGlover on that stretch of roadway? That's the question her family and investigators are trying to figure out.
Last Friday, her son said his 68-year-old mother was on the phone with her daughter in Georgia while out on her morning walk. Then the conversation between mother and daughter ended abruptly.
"My sister came and woke me up and said, 'Where does mother walk?' And I said by the park, and she said something has happened," said the son, who did not want to be identified.
Familiar with her routine, McGlover's son said he located his mother lying in a ditch, bleeding heavily.
"I went over and held her hand and communicated with her," he said. "She didn't respond, her eyes were fixed and dilated and she wasn't blinking. So I held her hand and told her I loved her."
McGlover, an avid music lover who designed church robes, was pronounced dead at the hospital. A medical examiner's report said her injuries were consistent with being struck by a car, but her family isn't so sure.
During the conversation, the family said McGlover uttered "excuse me" followed by her scream.
"The fact that she said 'excuse me' leaves me to believe that she spoke to someone and someone tried to assault her or something," the son said.
The California Highway Patrol is investigating McGlover's death as a possible hit and run, but they said they are not ruling anything out. Investigators planned to comb the area for McGlover's cellphone.
The CHP asks anyone who saw anything or knows something to contact them at (951) 506-2000.
homicide investigation, hit and run, inland empire news, leticia juarez
- Ambulance crash: 3 injured in Signal Hill 28 min ago
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- Alleged arsonist sets fire in Hollywood 26 min ago
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Car bursts into flames in lion habitat
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role