Inland Empire News
Victorville couple OK after in-home shooting
VICTORVILLE, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities are searching for the suspect or suspects who entered a Victorville couple's home and shot into several windows before fleeing Thursday.
Victorville resident William Browne says the shooting happened while he and his wife were at their home in the 1300 block of Rolling Ridge Drive around 1:14 a.m.
"I was in the back of the bedroom; my wife had fallen asleep on the couch. I ran toward her, she ran towards me, and they just went right around the house," said Browne.
Browne, 66, thinks the shooter or shooters might have escaped over the back wall. He says by the time the shooting stopped, seven of his windows were blown out.
He was wounded in the leg. He says his wife spent the night in the hospital, when a fragment hit her head.
Now, he says he's trying to figure out why this happened. Police don't think the shooting is random.
"This is the most secure place I can think of. There are cameras everywhere," said Browne. "You have security everywhere. I know four or five cops who live here."
The victim says he's pretty sure the shooter wasn't here to rob the place. If that's the case, it appears the incident was intentional.
"I don't know why, I've been here 12 years, no trouble," said Browne.
"What can you say? It's just kind of scary," said neighbor Hank Spencer, who heard all the shots. "Five gunshots in a row, then it was quiet, then three more shots."
Authorities are still searching for a motive.
Anyone with information on the shooting is urged to call San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department Dispatch Center at (760) 245-4211.
shooting, inland empire news, rob mcmillan
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing 23 min ago
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash 4 min ago
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months