Inland Empire News
San Bernardino Sheriff's female deputy arrested for sexual activity with inmate
RANCHO CUCAMONGA, Calif. (KABC) -- Sheriff Specialized Investigators arrested a San Bernardino County Sheriff's female deputy Friday for sexual contact with a consenting inmate.
Authorities said Katina Carter, 38, had sexual contact with a 19-year-old inmate at the West Valley Detention Center. The contact was consensual, according to the sheriff's department, but jail staff became concerned about the frequent interaction between the female deputy and male inmate, whose name has not been released.
The concern was solidified after investigators served a search warrant at the deputy's resident.
Carter was arrested for engaging in sexual activity with a consenting adult who is confined in a detention facility and later released on bail. She is currently on paid administrative leave.
Anyone with information regarding this investigation is urged to contact Sheriff's Specialized Investigations Division at (909) 387-3589.
san bernardino county, arrest, sex crimes, inland empire news
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home 29 min ago
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured 2 min ago
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed 8 min ago
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination 10 min ago
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks