Inland Empire News
San Bernardino Sheriff's female deputy arrested for sexual activity with inmate
RANCHO CUCAMONGA, Calif. (KABC) -- Sheriff Specialized Investigators arrested a San Bernardino County Sheriff's female deputy Friday for sexual contact with a consenting inmate.
Authorities said Katina Carter, 38, had sexual contact with a 19-year-old inmate at the West Valley Detention Center. The contact was consensual, according to the sheriff's department, but jail staff became concerned about the frequent interaction between the female deputy and male inmate, whose name has not been released.
The concern was solidified after investigators served a search warrant at the deputy's resident.
Carter was arrested for engaging in sexual activity with a consenting adult who is confined in a detention facility and later released on bail. She is currently on paid administrative leave.
Anyone with information regarding this investigation is urged to contact Sheriff's Specialized Investigations Division at (909) 387-3589.
san bernardino county, arrest, sex crimes, inland empire news
- Body found in canyon ID'd as Maribel Ramos
- Brush fire scorches 575 acres in Castaic area
- Toddler, mom robbed by knife-wielding man
- Suspect killed inside Alhambra PD station
- Purse found in search for missing woman in IE
- Hacienda Heights soldier killed on 1st Iraq tour
- Greuel, Garcetti vie for last-minute votes
- Laguna Beach sexual assault suspect sought
- Calif. unemployment rate falls to 9 percent
- OJ Simpson knew buddies had guns - ex-lawyer
- Conn. commuter trains collide, 60 injured
- abcnews: Plane crash sole survivor breaks silence
- Michael Jackson death trial attorneys clash
- OTRC: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' movie review