Inland Empire News
San Bernardino Sheriff's female deputy arrested for sexual activity with inmate
RANCHO CUCAMONGA, Calif. (KABC) -- Sheriff Specialized Investigators arrested a San Bernardino County Sheriff's female deputy Friday for sexual contact with a consenting inmate.
Authorities said Katina Carter, 38, had sexual contact with a 19-year-old inmate at the West Valley Detention Center. The contact was consensual, according to the sheriff's department, but jail staff became concerned about the frequent interaction between the female deputy and male inmate, whose name has not been released.
The concern was solidified after investigators served a search warrant at the deputy's resident.
Carter was arrested for engaging in sexual activity with a consenting adult who is confined in a detention facility and later released on bail. She is currently on paid administrative leave.
Anyone with information regarding this investigation is urged to contact Sheriff's Specialized Investigations Division at (909) 387-3589.
san bernardino county, arrest, sex crimes, inland empire news
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts 5 min ago
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- NASA astronauts begin spacewalking repairs
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt 54 min ago
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
45 min ago