Inland Empire News
Rialto domestic violence suspect takes own life; 4 others injured
RIALTO, Calif. (KABC) -- A domestic violence incident in Rialto ended in the death of the suspect and injuries to four others on Sunday.
Police say they were responding to a call of domestic violence at about 12:45 a.m. on the 1300 block of North Pampas Avenue involving the suspect's wife and his mother-in-law. During the altercation, the suspect ended up beating two women and shooting two men who were trying to help the women, before barricading himself inside a home and taking his own life.
What led up to the domestic violence remains unknown. The identities of those involved were not released.
"It appears that both victims had been severely beaten by the suspect. The suspect chased the two victims to a neighbor's residence where he armed himself with a high-caliber handgun. At which time he attempted to shoot the two victims and in the process he shot two separate victims that were being Good Samaritans, trying to help the victims," described Capt. Randy De Anda with Rialto police.
The SWAT team sent a robot into the home and found the suspect dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Police say the two female victims suffered multiple facial and internal injuries, and the two male victims suffered multiple gunshot wounds. All four were treated at local hospitals and were expected to be OK.
If you have any information about this incident, you're urged to contact the Rialto Police Department at (909) 820-2578.
san bernardino county, shooting, inland empire news
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries 17 min ago
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment 58 min ago
- Metro to vote on fate of ExpressLanes pilot
- 2 killed, 5 hurt in I-5 accident in Irvine
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- Granada Hills fire damages strip mall shops
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies in accident
- OTRC: Peter Jackson: 'The Hobbit 3' title changed
- Dana Point woman fights to keep chickens
9 min ago