Inland Empire News
Rialto domestic violence suspect takes own life; 4 others injured
RIALTO, Calif. (KABC) -- A domestic violence incident in Rialto ended in the death of the suspect and injuries to four others on Sunday.
Police say they were responding to a call of domestic violence at about 12:45 a.m. on the 1300 block of North Pampas Avenue involving the suspect's wife and his mother-in-law. During the altercation, the suspect ended up beating two women and shooting two men who were trying to help the women, before barricading himself inside a home and taking his own life.
What led up to the domestic violence remains unknown. The identities of those involved were not released.
"It appears that both victims had been severely beaten by the suspect. The suspect chased the two victims to a neighbor's residence where he armed himself with a high-caliber handgun. At which time he attempted to shoot the two victims and in the process he shot two separate victims that were being Good Samaritans, trying to help the victims," described Capt. Randy De Anda with Rialto police.
The SWAT team sent a robot into the home and found the suspect dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Police say the two female victims suffered multiple facial and internal injuries, and the two male victims suffered multiple gunshot wounds. All four were treated at local hospitals and were expected to be OK.
If you have any information about this incident, you're urged to contact the Rialto Police Department at (909) 820-2578.
san bernardino county, shooting, inland empire news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour