Inland Empire News
Man murdered near Wells Fargo bank ATM in Victorville
VICTORVILLE, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities say robbery may have been the motive behind a fatal shooting outside a Wells Fargo bank in Victorville early Sunday.
Sheriff's deputies were called to the area of Hesperia Road near Silica Road just before 4 a.m. and found a man who had been shot while inside his pickup truck.
Homicide investigators said they believe that the victim, identified as 56-year-old Duane Lee Murley, went to the ATM at the bank and was then confronted by one or more suspects. The victim was shot in his truck, which traveled a short distance and came to rest in the parking lot. Murley was pronounced dead at the scene.
Wells Fargo offered a $25,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of whoever is responsible for the crime.
Anyone with information was urged to contact San Bernardino County sheriff's detectives at (909) 387-3589.
homicide investigation, murder, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- 4.4-magnitude earthquake strikes LA area 7 min ago
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Video: Stranded man rescued from Castaic crash
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians