Inland Empire News
Man murdered near Wells Fargo bank ATM in Victorville
VICTORVILLE, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities say robbery may have been the motive behind a fatal shooting outside a Wells Fargo bank in Victorville early Sunday.
Sheriff's deputies were called to the area of Hesperia Road near Silica Road just before 4 a.m. and found a man who had been shot while inside his pickup truck.
Homicide investigators said they believe that the victim, identified as 56-year-old Duane Lee Murley, went to the ATM at the bank and was then confronted by one or more suspects. The victim was shot in his truck, which traveled a short distance and came to rest in the parking lot. Murley was pronounced dead at the scene.
Wells Fargo offered a $25,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of whoever is responsible for the crime.
Anyone with information was urged to contact San Bernardino County sheriff's detectives at (909) 387-3589.
homicide investigation, murder, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant 42 min ago
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis