Inland Empire News
Man arrested at kid's soccer game for battery, prompted by ref's call
THOUSAND PALMS, Calif. (KABC) -- A 38-year-old man was arrested on a battery charge Saturday during a children's soccer game in Thousand Palms.
The incident occurred at Thousand Palms Community Park around 11:30 a.m.
Riverside County Sheriff's Department said Rafael Delfin Sequeda of Cathedral City "ran onto the field, pushed a nine-year-old player to the ground and kicked the referee in the leg" after he became upset with the ref's call.
Sequeda was arrested for battery on a child and battery on a referee.
The 9-year-old was taken to a hospital with minor injuries.
riverside county, arrest, inland empire news
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours 9 min ago
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search 23 min ago
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- Ex-assemblyman arrested for domestic violence
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing
- Flasher sought for exposing self at Brea Mall 54 min ago
- Ex-Manson follower granted parole for 3rd time
- Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting 48 min ago
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Elderly couple's dog saved by rescue group
- OTRC: Elizabeth Olsen engaged, report says