Inland Empire News
Man arrested at kid's soccer game for battery, prompted by ref's call
THOUSAND PALMS, Calif. (KABC) -- A 38-year-old man was arrested on a battery charge Saturday during a children's soccer game in Thousand Palms.
The incident occurred at Thousand Palms Community Park around 11:30 a.m.
Riverside County Sheriff's Department said Rafael Delfin Sequeda of Cathedral City "ran onto the field, pushed a nine-year-old player to the ground and kicked the referee in the leg" after he became upset with the ref's call.
Sequeda was arrested for battery on a child and battery on a referee.
The 9-year-old was taken to a hospital with minor injuries.
riverside county, arrest, inland empire news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured 14 min ago
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona 5 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt 46 min ago
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California 17 min ago
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Katie Couric's talk show to end this summer
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal 57 min ago
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis