Inland Empire News
Man arrested at kid's soccer game for battery, prompted by ref's call
THOUSAND PALMS, Calif. (KABC) -- A 38-year-old man was arrested on a battery charge Saturday during a children's soccer game in Thousand Palms.
The incident occurred at Thousand Palms Community Park around 11:30 a.m.
Riverside County Sheriff's Department said Rafael Delfin Sequeda of Cathedral City "ran onto the field, pushed a nine-year-old player to the ground and kicked the referee in the leg" after he became upset with the ref's call.
Sequeda was arrested for battery on a child and battery on a referee.
The 9-year-old was taken to a hospital with minor injuries.
riverside county, arrest, inland empire news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen 23 min ago
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- 4.3-magnitude earthquake strikes Kern County
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour