Inland Empire News
Man arrested at kid's soccer game for battery, prompted by ref's call
THOUSAND PALMS, Calif. (KABC) -- A 38-year-old man was arrested on a battery charge Saturday during a children's soccer game in Thousand Palms.
The incident occurred at Thousand Palms Community Park around 11:30 a.m.
Riverside County Sheriff's Department said Rafael Delfin Sequeda of Cathedral City "ran onto the field, pushed a nine-year-old player to the ground and kicked the referee in the leg" after he became upset with the ref's call.
Sequeda was arrested for battery on a child and battery on a referee.
The 9-year-old was taken to a hospital with minor injuries.
riverside county, arrest, inland empire news
- Palmdale boy, 8, may have been tortured 6 min ago
- Cold case: Cadaver dog fails to pick up scent 6 min ago
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Bear cub breaks into a kitchen in Duarte
- Local police officer accused of child molest
- Van Nuys stabbing victim's family speaks out
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten
- UC hospital workers' strike ends after 2 days
- Oklahoma tornado victims' names released
- abcnews: New Susan Powell video released
- Vote on gay Scouts comes at emotional moment 12 min ago
- Charles Ramsey promised free burgers for life
- 'Hangover' films changed lives of the stars
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'