Inland Empire News
Rialto attempted kidnapping suspect targeted Eisenhower High School students
RIALTO, Calif. (KABC) -- Police in Rialto are searching for a man who tried to kidnap two teenage girls as they walked home from school.
Both girls were on their way home from Eisenhower High School in the 100 block of East Base Line Road on Tuesday when the man drove up to the first girl and asked for directions.
When she ran away, the man got out of his SUV and grabbed the second girl by the shoulders. She kicked and punched the man until he let her go. Both victims were not injured.
The suspect is described as 5 feet 8 inches tall, in his mid-to-late 30s with black, balding hair. He was last seen wearing a gray long-sleeve shirt and black pants.
The man was driving a blue or black 2004 to 2012 Jeep Liberty four-door SUV.
Authorities say similar incidents have occurred recently in neighboring areas. If you have any information that can help investigators, you're urged to contact the Rialto Police Department at (909) 820-2578.
san bernardino county, kidnap, inland empire news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour