Inland Empire News
Hit-run kills man, injures teen in Muscoy
MUSCOY, SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY (KABC) -- Authorities are searching for a hit-and-run driver who killed a man in Muscoy and injured a 16-year-old girl.
The incident happened Tuesday night near California Street and Highland Avenue.
Surveillance video captured the moments after the driver struck and killed 28-year-old Arnulfo Marcos Antonio and injured the still unidentified teen as they crossed at the intersection. The video was taken from cameras outside a Muscoy liquor store.
"The impact was loud," said one witness, who didn't want to be identified. "I thought maybe someone broke the window to the store."
Investigators and the victim's family are hoping the video will help find the driver.
"They need to turn themselves in because it isn't right," said Eulaia Topete, the victim's mother, in Spanish. "They took the life of someone - like an animal."
According to a witness, the impact threw Antonio nearly 70 feet away and left behind a trail of debris.
At the scene, investigators recovered the car's light blue driver side mirror, which they believe was torn off as it clipped the girl.
"So there is going to be some damage, maybe some scraps on the left side or on the driver's door on the front fender, and definitely damage on the right front fender, headlight assembly, maybe even the windshield," said Sgt. Joe Ramos of the California Highway Patrol.
Antonio's sister-in-law, Nancy Alcaraz, said the family has been devastated by the loss of a son, a brother, a friend and an uncle.
"He was just a really good person and he didn't deserve this at all," she said.
Anyone with information about the hit-and-run was asked to call (909) 383-4247.
homicide investigation, hit and run, inland empire news, leticia juarez
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video