Inland Empire News
19-year-old man arrested for child molestation, attempted kidnapping
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- A Riverside man was arrested on kidnap and child molestation charges Thursday after a six-month investigation.
According to Riverside Police Department, Nicolas Garcia Albidrez, 19, attempted to kidnap a 3-year-old girl in the 3400 block of Anderson Avenue on April 8, 2012 around 5:24 p.m. After the attempted kidnapping, responding officers canvassed the neighborhood but were not able to find the male suspect.
During the investigation, authorities learned that several similar unreported incidents had occurred in the area. With the help of the Sexual Assault and Child Abuse Unit's Field Operations Bureau, Albidrez was later identified as a possible subject.
The 19-year-old was arrested on kidnapping charges with the intent to commit a lewd act on a child, and a lewd act on a child using force Thursday.
Detectives also believe Albidrez may be linked to a similar incident in the Rubidoux area in Jurupa Valley.
Anyone with additional information regarding the suspect or possible victims is urged to contact Detective Laura Ellefson at (951) 353-7126.
riverside county, arrest, child abuse, sex crimes, sexual assault, inland empire news
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected 44 min ago
- Rain, winds move into Southern California 8 min ago
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point