Inland Empire News
19-year-old man arrested for child molestation, attempted kidnapping
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- A Riverside man was arrested on kidnap and child molestation charges Thursday after a six-month investigation.
According to Riverside Police Department, Nicolas Garcia Albidrez, 19, attempted to kidnap a 3-year-old girl in the 3400 block of Anderson Avenue on April 8, 2012 around 5:24 p.m. After the attempted kidnapping, responding officers canvassed the neighborhood but were not able to find the male suspect.
During the investigation, authorities learned that several similar unreported incidents had occurred in the area. With the help of the Sexual Assault and Child Abuse Unit's Field Operations Bureau, Albidrez was later identified as a possible subject.
The 19-year-old was arrested on kidnapping charges with the intent to commit a lewd act on a child, and a lewd act on a child using force Thursday.
Detectives also believe Albidrez may be linked to a similar incident in the Rubidoux area in Jurupa Valley.
Anyone with additional information regarding the suspect or possible victims is urged to contact Detective Laura Ellefson at (951) 353-7126.
riverside county, arrest, child abuse, sex crimes, sexual assault, inland empire news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break