Inland Empire News
19-year-old man arrested for child molestation, attempted kidnapping
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (KABC) -- A Riverside man was arrested on kidnap and child molestation charges Thursday after a six-month investigation.
According to Riverside Police Department, Nicolas Garcia Albidrez, 19, attempted to kidnap a 3-year-old girl in the 3400 block of Anderson Avenue on April 8, 2012 around 5:24 p.m. After the attempted kidnapping, responding officers canvassed the neighborhood but were not able to find the male suspect.
During the investigation, authorities learned that several similar unreported incidents had occurred in the area. With the help of the Sexual Assault and Child Abuse Unit's Field Operations Bureau, Albidrez was later identified as a possible subject.
The 19-year-old was arrested on kidnapping charges with the intent to commit a lewd act on a child, and a lewd act on a child using force Thursday.
Detectives also believe Albidrez may be linked to a similar incident in the Rubidoux area in Jurupa Valley.
Anyone with additional information regarding the suspect or possible victims is urged to contact Detective Laura Ellefson at (951) 353-7126.
riverside county, arrest, child abuse, sex crimes, sexual assault, inland empire news
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- abcnews: NFL star's home searched after killing
- Chrysler agrees to Jeep recall over fire risk
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy