Inland Empire News
Victorville school bus crashes with U-haul truck; 14 injured
VICTORVILLE, Calif. (KABC) -- A school bus transporting 40 students from Galileo Academy collided with a U-Haul truck in Victorville on Thursday afternoon, leaving 14 passengers injured.
According to the San Bernardino County Fire Department, the crash happened around 2:06 p.m. at Nisqualli Road between Second and Third streets. Two students were treated for serious but non-life threatening injuries and were transported to Loma Linda Hospital. Eleven students and the bus driver were treated for minor injuries and were also transported to a hospital.
Two people inside the U-Haul truck were not injured.
Two big-rig tows were required to get the bus upright. The cause of the crash is being investigated by the California Highway Patrol.
accident, school, inland empire news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video