Inland Empire News
Victorville school bus crashes with U-haul truck; 14 injured
VICTORVILLE, Calif. (KABC) -- A school bus transporting 40 students from Galileo Academy collided with a U-Haul truck in Victorville on Thursday afternoon, leaving 14 passengers injured.
According to the San Bernardino County Fire Department, the crash happened around 2:06 p.m. at Nisqualli Road between Second and Third streets. Two students were treated for serious but non-life threatening injuries and were transported to Loma Linda Hospital. Eleven students and the bus driver were treated for minor injuries and were also transported to a hospital.
Two people inside the U-Haul truck were not injured.
Two big-rig tows were required to get the bus upright. The cause of the crash is being investigated by the California Highway Patrol.
accident, school, inland empire news
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster 39 min ago
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments