Inland Empire News
Victorville school bus crashes with U-haul truck; 14 injured
VICTORVILLE, Calif. (KABC) -- A school bus transporting 40 students from Galileo Academy collided with a U-Haul truck in Victorville on Thursday afternoon, leaving 14 passengers injured.
According to the San Bernardino County Fire Department, the crash happened around 2:06 p.m. at Nisqualli Road between Second and Third streets. Two students were treated for serious but non-life threatening injuries and were transported to Loma Linda Hospital. Eleven students and the bus driver were treated for minor injuries and were also transported to a hospital.
Two people inside the U-Haul truck were not injured.
Two big-rig tows were required to get the bus upright. The cause of the crash is being investigated by the California Highway Patrol.
accident, school, inland empire news
- Mandela death: So. Africa prepares for burial
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Ontario
- Unemployment falls to 7 pct, 203K jobs added
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Suspect injured in El Monte police shooting 31 min ago
- Joseph Gatto's stolen jewelry pieces sought
- Missing Pasadena City College hiker found
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- abcnews: Brutal elevator attack shocks Chinese city
- McDonald's accidentally gives cash to couple 45 min ago
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate